This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
Telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
No pre-requisite requirement for this qualification as per course training package.
*Mid-Term intake dates available.
Tuition Fee: $AU 30,000
Non-Tuition Fee: $AU 400
Estimated Total Course Cost: $AU 30,400 (Includes material/training and enrolment fee)
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Undertake a pre-enrolment interview / initial skill assessment.
- Must have completed Australian Year 12 or equivalent level of schooling or a Certificate IV or higher qualification with an Australian institution.
- Meet evidentiary requirements for country of origin
- Must demonstrate English level of IELTS 5.5 with no band less than 5.0 or equivalent, such as:
- IBT 46
- PTE Academic 42
- CAE 162
- OET B
- Duolingo 90
- General English Upper Intermediate
- MOI Certificate
Core units – 6
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- ICTICT608 Interact with clients on a business level
- ICTICT618 Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments
- ICTSAD609 Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment
Elective Units – 10
- ICTICT611 Develop ICT strategic business plans
- ICTNPL413 Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications indus
- ICTNWK612 Plan and manage troubleshooting advanced integrated IP networks
- ICTPMG613 Manage ICT project planning
- ICTSAD604 Manage and communicate ICT solutions
- ICTSAD608 Perform ICT-focused enterprise analysis
- ICTSAD611 Manage assessment and validation of ICT solutions
- ICTSUS603 Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
- ICTTEN615 Manage network traffic
Students will need to successfully complete all units in this course to receive certificate of ICTICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology.
Learners who partially complete the qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units they are deemed competent.
Assessments help students demonstrate that they have the skills and knowledge needed to meet standards. They are designed with a range of practical tasks in mind, which helps students show off their abilities as well!
Upon successful completion of this course, the types of occupations that you can seek include:
- Enterprise Architecture Manager
- Enterprise Application Integration Consultant
- Knowledge Manager
- Software Manager
- eLearning Manager
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING RPL/ CREDIT TRANSFER
SBDI recognises qualifications issued by other RTOs. SBDI will accept and mutually recognise the qualifications and Statements of Attainment awarded by any other registered training organisation unless precluded by licensing requirements. We can also grant you Credit Transfer for subjects or units you have completed where equivalence can be established between the unit in your course, and the subject or unit you have completed.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process where skills and knowledge that you have gained through work and life experience and other unrecognised training can be formally recognised.
During the entry process and interview stage SBDI will discuss with you the process and options for RPL. Suitability is often determined on how much experience you have in a certain area, your work history and previous training. If RPL is determined as a possibility for you, you will be provided with a kit that will guide you in working through each unit to determine relevant skills and experience and identify whether you would be able to provide the required evidence.
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER (USI) REQUIREMENT
USI is needed for all students studying with SBDI. From 1 January 2015 for undertaking Nationally Recognised Training delivered by a Registered Training Organisation the student/s will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is completed. Please see the official USI website https://www.usi.gov.au. The student after enrolment is required to create USI (Unique Student Identifier) or allow SBDI to create an USI on their behalf.
STUDENT SUPPORT WELFARE and GUIDANCE SERVICES
Relevant resources are available at SBDI to ensure that the students settle in well, smoothly transit life in new places and achieve the required level of competency in all accredited courses. Our staff assists in how to seek help with local welfare and guidance services.
Orientation to assist students is provided by SBDI as an age and culturally appropriate program. Please refer Pre-enrolment Information Pack at www.sbdi.edu.au Students will be permitted to attend classes only after they have attended and completed the orientation session for the enrolled courses.
After successfully completing the Advanced Diploma of Information Technology, students may apply for the Bachelor of Information Technology